Monash Student Athlete Profile: Jessica Au

Jessica Au


SPORT: Soccer

POSITION: Wing

NUMBER: 17

FACULTY: Medicine/ Nursing and Health Sciences

NICKNAME: Sparky, Au, Jessminda

PROUDEST SPORTING ACHIEVEMENT TO DATE: Selected for the Melbourne Victory Women’s Squad

AMBITIONS: To win the WPL with Bundoora and to make the starting 11 of the Melbourne Victory Squad

HOW MANY AUG’S HAVE YOU PLAYED (INCLUDING 2015): 2015 will be my first AUG

WHEN DID YOU START PLAYING? When I was 15 years old

WHAT GOT YOU STARTED PLAYING? I had always played soccer at home with my brothers and didn’t join a team until my high school soccer coach told me I had potential and needed to be playing for a club.

FAVOURITE PLAYER GROWING UP? Cristiano Ronaldo

WOULD YOU PREFER TO BE THE UNDERDOG OR THE FAVOURITE? Underdog because no one expects you to win, and when you do, it’s the best feeling!

BEFORE A GAME I ALWAYS...listen to R&B music

WHEN I’M NOT AT UNI, COMPETING OR TRAINING I AM... spending time with friends and trying to eat at as many different restaurants as possible

FUN FACT: I can speak 4 languages.


Popular Posts